My Girl

My Girl

Friday, December 26, 2014

Ten Minutes With You

Ten Minutes With You
 
If I had 10 minutes with you, what would I say?
Would it surprise you if I said nothing, other than I love you?
I would just sit and stare at you.
I would take in every inch of your tiny body.
I would memorize the shape of your eyes, mouth and nose.
I would breathe in your scent.
I would hold your hands and stroke your skin.
I would hug and hold you and wish those 10 minutes would last for eternity.
But then how could I let you go?
I would scream and cry and beg you to stay.
My child, I may not have that gift of time, but I will always have you.
You will live in my heart, until the day I die.
And when I have taken my last breath, please be waiting at the Heavenly gates.
I will run to you and sweep you up in my arms, we will swirl and laugh and giggle.
From that moment on we will be together forever.
-Z Clark-Coates
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment